Full written recipe for Veg hakka noodles
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
• Capsicum 2 medium size
• Carrots 1 medium size
• Cabbage half or 1 cup
• Noodles 1 packet
• Boiling water for noodles
• Salt to taste
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Garlic 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Spring onion bulbs 1/4th cup (sliced)
• Spring onion greens 1/4th cup (chopped)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Soy sauce 1 tbsp
• Chilli oil 1 tbsp
• Spring onion greens 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Vinegar 1 tsp
• Cut the capsicum in juliennes, that means length wise strips.
• Peel the carrots, trim if the head and tip and further cut them into juliennes.
• Take off one layer of cabbage, cut the base and cut them in toc shreds.
• Boil water in a wok, add salt and oil, add the noodles and boil for 6-7 minutes. Do not overcook.
• Strain the noodles and rinse it with cold water or with tap running water, pour few drops of oil and mix with noodles to avoid it from sticking to each other.
• Set a wok on medium heat, add oil, garlic and spring onion bulbs, sauté it for a minute.
• Add the spring onion greens, shredded cabbage, julienned carrots, capsicum and sugar, mix well and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
• Add the boiled noodles, salt and pepper to taste, soy sauce, chilli oil and some freshly chopped spring onion greens, mix and toss well for 3-5 minutes. Add vinegar and toss well once again.
• Your veg hakka noodles is ready to be served, serve hot with schezwan sauce.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: